Because your privacy is important to us, St Albans Trapeze and Aerial Arts operates by the principles in this page.
This policy is effective from the 24th May 2018
Modification of Policy
We may change this Policy, or change, modify or withdraw access to, or the content on this Site, at any time, with or without notice. Updates to this policy will be posted on our website and should be regularly checked by visitors. Any changes to the policy will be consistent with legal requirements in force at the time.
This Policy is applicable to this Site and and the business of St Albans Trapeze and Aerial Arts and not to any other site or to any other business.
Data we hold
We hold information about:
- people that currently attend our classes
- people that have previously attended any of our classes
- people that have made inquiries about attending our classes
- have bought tickets for any of our shows or other activities
- have made other inquiries to us
- are a supplier to us, for example a supplier of equipment
We may collect the following information:
- name and email address
- business information about suppliers or organisations that have engaged our services
- where you correspond with us any information included in your signature block or that is contained in the correspondence
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
- information about the classes you attend or classes about which you've made inquiries
- any purchases you have made from us
- web-site usage data
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- managing the services we provide, including class scheduling and design, provision of equipment
- providing you with the newsletters, class updates and timetables, and other information that you have consented to receive
- internal record keeping and accounting.
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- compliance with our legal obligations for example to demonstrate consent has been obtained to receive mailings from us
Information we gather may be shared with our partners in aggregate form so as not to reveal individual identities.
We do not share the information we hold with other companies except and unless those companies are contracted to provide services that involve processing data on our behalf, for example our online booking system.
Providing us with personal information does not result in you receiving offers and communication, unless you elect to "opt-in" to receive such information.
Our basis for holding and using your data
If your have consented to receive marketing information from us then we only hold and use your personal data in line with the consent that you have given us. You may withdraw that consent at any time using the 'unsubscribe' link at the foot of each email or by emailing admin AT stalbanstrapeze DOT co DOT uk.
There are also circumstances where we do not require your consent to hold or use your personal data. This is where we can rely on what are called "legitimate interests". Examples of these circumstances are:
- where you are or have been a customer of ours either by attending our classes or buying tickets for shows
- where you have or are currently providing a service to us, for example an equipment provider
- where we are in correspondence because have made an inquiry about the services we offer
Data that we acquire under "legitimate interest" will be held for a minimum of 6 years. It will not be used for any other purpose without your consent.
All data will be regularly reviewed and deleted when it is no longer relevant or of use.
Controlling your personal information
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us then simply click on the “unsubscribe” button at the end of any such email or write to us at admin AT stalbanstrapeze DOT co DOT uk specifying which newsletter you no longer wish to receive.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Site uses "cookies", which are small text files placed on your computer. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
If you'd like to know more about cookies and their use generally then please read this Wikipedia article.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
St Albans Trapeze and Aerial Arts have taken appropriate reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of your personal information. Our electronic data is stored on servers located in a secure UK data centre.